Thursday, May 19, 2011

Glimpses of Christ's Love

"I am Thy servant to do Thy will,and that will is sweeter to me than position or riches or fame, and I choose it above all things on Earth or in Heaven." -A.W. Tozer (and me)
I can not put into words just how much I love my Saviour. He is truly my all in all! The only reason I live is to bring Him glory. I long for the day when my faith becomes sight and I see Him face to face! Oh the joy of my Beloved One! He is beyond worthy of all of our affections!!

Oh the joys of being a witness for My King. He has showed His love for us in the most unimaginable way possible...He gave us His precious drops of blood, He truly gave His life for us. We are so undeserving of the incredible love of Jesus!

Because of the fall of man, we are born in sin. There fore making us a rebel to the rightful King. We were adulterers and thief's, because we have run away from our Beloved Saviour, and have stolen the Lord's glory for ourselves. How dare we think that we actually deserve heaven! We were rebels of Christ Himself. and because of sin, all humankind was bound for hell.

But, our Father, who so loved us, gave His only son, forgiving and cleansing us, so that we might live eternally. Oh, sweet friends, we must receive what He did for us. We must reckon it as truth, and lay down our lives at the foot of the cross. How can we be ashamed of His love, and hide His magnificent Light. We ought to tell every single soul that we encounter, about the abundant love of our blessed Saviour! We must believe it when we pray, "Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven". Oh, that we could get a full view of what Christ has done for us. Oh I pray that Christians today might behold the cross, and on our knees, humbly bless our King.

Here is something that I was reading this morning that really inspired and impacted me - I hope it does the same for you.
"Many do not recognize the fact as they ought, that Satan has got men fast asleep in sin and that it is his great device to keep them so. He does not care what we do if he can do that. We may sing songs about the sweet by and by, preach sermons and say prayers until doomsday, and he will never concern himself about us, if we don't wake anybody up. But if we awake the sleeping sinner he will gnash on us with his teeth. This is our work - to wake people up." Catherine Booth

I pray that I will never be ashamed of the gospel. That wherever I go, the unstoppable Light will shine through me. That people will not see me, but Christ in me... Oh that the lost souls may long for what I have - the love of my Redeemer. I want souls to be awakened when they see what He has done for them. Oh Jesus, be glorified!!!

"Go forth today, by the help of God's Spirit, vowing and
declaring that in life -come poverty, come wealth, in death; come pain or come what may,
you are and ever must be the Lord's. For this is written on your heart, 'We love Him because He first loved us.'" Charles H. Spurgeon

"If He laid down His life for us, is it not the least we can do to lay down ours for Him? If He bore the cross and died on it for me, ought I not to be willing to take it up for Him?" Dwight L. Moody

Press further into His light, dig deeper into His promises, dive into His word, sing to Him of the joy that is within your heart, and partake in His sufferings. For His glory and renown,

Hannah Brooke Hartman

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah! I'm so happy I found your blog! =) I miss you!

    Your love and passion for Jesus inspires me! Believe me, you shine with Christ's joy and love! Praise Jesus! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bailey,
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I miss you too! You are a blessing :) I love you!! Isaiah 40

    ReplyDelete