Friday, May 20, 2011

May He Never Labor In Vain

Last night I had a dream...

A very dear friend was on their death bed, and they were speaking their last words to me... For some reason, it was the utmost importance that I listened closely and heard these words:
"Hannah, you must go read Galatians 4:9-11"

This morning, I woke up, startled, jumped out of bed and read it----

"But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? You observe days and months and seasons and years.
I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain." (Gal. 4:9-11)


I know that it was the Apostle Paul who wrote that, but it was as if God was speaking directly to my heart.
He ever lives to interscess for us,(Heb.7:25) and how could I make Him labor in vain by going back to weak and worthless things? I knew suddenly that there was something that I was to get rid of - my facebook account *gulp*  It is something that I have wasted my time on, and at one point in my life, I truly was enslaved to it. So, I went and deleted my account. It was as if God was sitting there helping me click the 'deactivate' buttons, because it was not even that difficult for me to do.

Now, I am not saying that facebook is a bad thing. I think it can be used very wisely and can be quite convenient for keeping in contact with people. I just want to encourage you to search your heart, or more like it, allow God to search your heart... Is there something that you can not be detached from. If God asked you to remove this certain thing out of your life starting today, would you? Count the costs...Is He truly worthy of us laying it all down before Him? Um... yes! I think He is beyond worthy!! He made the sacrifice for us, are we willing to hand in our little handful of pebbles in order to recieve the truckload of jewels?

Have a delightful day today, and remember, He is worthy!!! Bunches of love to you in Christ Jesus, my dear friends, For the King and His glory! Trusting in Jesus always,

Hannah Brooke Hartman

1 comment:

  1. YES!! This is something God has been laying on my heart for months! I stopped using my email last fall for a few months and I was rewarded with a much deeper walk with Christ! He is so faithful!

    ReplyDelete