Friday, May 20, 2011

The Rainbow

This evening, as I was going on a walk, I saw the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen in my life. There was a rainbow, the largest one that I have ever seen! I could even see the bottom of it... Behind the rainbow, the sky was dark and cloudy, but there was this swirl of white-silver clouds in the center - forming a perfect dove. When I got back to my home, I went outside and just stared at the sky.

I probably looked quite odd if any random person saw me. :) There I was, on my knees - getting mud on  my dress, tears running down my face, a long blade of sweet grass in my mouth, and my hands lifted high...

Oh, I am so in awe of my Jesus!

In Genesis 9, after the Flood, God made this promise to Noah:
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind....Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

It has been raining several days straight here, and it was so refreshing to see the sunshine, hear the birds singing, to walk in the green grass again, and of course, to view God's incredible rainbow...

Even though there are "cloudy" times in our lives, even for long periods of time, “Behold, He cometh with clouds” (Revelations 1:7). "The Lord watches over you, He is the shade at your right hand." Psalm 121:5

Let this be an encouragement to those of you whose faith is being tested through trials, tribulations, or temptations. "The Lord is with you while you are with him; if your heart's desire is for him, he will be near you, but if you give him up, he will give you up." 2 Chronicles 15:2

The Lord made it clear to me right then, while beholding His creation, that we are to be stepping further into the land of promises. we must be claiming territory that is rightfully ours, as sons and daughters of the King of kings! And through faith-filled patience, we must acquire these promises. "He has given us His very great and precious promises" 2 Peter 1:4
"The Lord is faithful to all of His promises and loving toward all that He made." Psalm 145:13
That is a promise and God cannot lie!!(Hebrews 6:18) Trust in His everlasting promises. He will always be faithful!
Blessings in Christ Jesus, For His renown,

Hannah Brooke Hartman

1 comment: