Saturday, June 18, 2011

Heart's Desire


Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. Psalm 73:6
Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown is the desire of our hearts. Isaiah 26:8
But I desire to speak to the Almighty... Job 13:3
I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart. Psalms 40:8  
Our earthly desires can be so strong at times. Our flesh is constantly yelling in our faces with things that we "need", whether it is our fame, a new car, house, clothes, computers, food, earthly love/romance, etc.
I would like to claim that it is not godly to desire anything of this world. In fact, when we want things of this world, we are denying the power of Christ.Yes- I know that sounded very bold, but it is the undiluted truth. James 1:4 says to "let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting (lacking) nothing. We as Christians ought to be content with what we have.
"Therefore do not worry, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, What shall we wear? (after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

When all that we want is to bring God glory, and to be with Him, we will truly lack nothing. When we seek first the kingdom of God, He will provide us with all that we need! It is a promise and there is a great need for more men and women who dare to take the Lord at His word and trust in Him will all of their hearts. Let us lay aside all the weights that easily beset us and seek after He who is worthy!
I belong to my beloved, and his desire (longing, craving) is toward me. Song of Solomon 7:1
We as Christians ought to desire our Beloved as He desires us. It is very important that we truly hunger and thirst after righteousness! We often forget just how worthy He is. Do you not know that the Creator of the universe has given up His life for us? The King of kings and Lord of lords, who knew know sin, became sin, so that we might be perfect and righteous before God (Not us who lives, but Christ in us, and us in Christ). It is so amazing to think that one who is so powerful and majestic, actually loves us, in fact, His desire is for you. He wants all that you are. Are you willing to lay down your life for His Renown?


Oh, how I long to be with my blessed Savior. I feel the hunger pangs, yet I know that there is a great need for more of Him. It is He alone that we need. Oh Jesus, we ask for more of you! Lord, you have promised that if we ask, we will receive, and that you will give those who delight themselves in you, their heart's desire. You are our heart's desire, precious Father. So I ask you, believing, that you will give us more of you, and teach us to seek you first, and foremost. Soon, my dear friends, we will meet with our precious Redeemer, face to face, and bow down even at the sound of His name!
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I know not. I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; Nevertheless to remain in the flesh [is] more needful for you. Philippians 1:21-24
O LORD our God, as for all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name, it comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you. I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you. O LORD, God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep this desire in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you. 1 Chronicles 29: 16-18
My dear friends, is the Lord ALL that you desire? Is Christ ALL that you want? Remember always, that He is worthy. I stand beside you all in prayer, let us seek Him until the breaking of day! I love you all dearly. 

Joyfully His, 

Hannah Brooke Hartman

'Let me walk in the path which my Savior hath trod,
Let me follow so close by his side.
For by trusting in him I am happy and free,
In the fold of his love let me hide. 

Let my heart ever be fixed on my treasure above,
Let the pleasures of earth fade away.
For there's nothing so lovely as Jesus to me,
Let me never from his love go astray. 

Do you ask why I love him the dearest of all?
Why so freely I yield unto him?
It is because he has loved me and died on the cross,
My poor soul lost in sin to redeem. 

It is blessed to serve him and do his good will,
For so precious to me is his love.
Let my talents and time all be given to him,
Till he calls me to meet him above.'

No comments:

Post a Comment